Game 1: #8 Quincy 5, Saginaw Valley 1
Game 2: Indianapolis 4, Saginaw Valley 3
Location: Indianapolis, Ind. - Greyhound Park
Indianapolis, IN - The SVSU baseball team played both Quincy and Indianapolis today at Greyhound Park in Indianapolis. The Cards fell to the eighth-ranked team nationallin in Quincy 5-1 and then to the host team Indianapolis in the final inning 4-3.
Quincy took the lead in the bottom of the second, scoring two runs, and kept it for the rest of the game with the Cardinals unable to score again. The Hawks scored three more runs in total, splitting them among the third, fifth and sixth innings.
In the second game of the day, Indianapolis scored a run in the bottom of the second. leading the game until the fifth inning when Nate Blackwell scored on a walk and tied it up at 1-1.
In the bottom of the fifth, the Greyhounds scored two runs to take back the lead, 3-1.
In the seventh inning, Fitzgibbon scored on a passed ball. Blackwell immediately followed with his second run of the game, batted in by Dylan Schultz, tying it up at 3-3.
Indianapolis took back the lead in the bottom of the ninth when they scored their fourth run, notching the win over the Cardinals, 4-3.
Inside the Boxscore
- Jordan Swiss went three out of four in at bats in the opening game.
- Chad Carson was 2-of-4 in both games.
- Fitzgibbon notched one RBI and hit 1-of-4 in the first game. He batted 3-of-3 in the closing game, adding one run for the Cardinals.
- Richard Guglielmi added two hits in the second contest.
On The Mound
- Michael Ellenbest (1-2) pitched the first six innings against Quincy, striking out three batters and walking one. He allowed four runs on nine hits.
- Jack Ferguson threw the last two innings, allowing one run, a walk and striking out one.
- Scott Sency pitched for 5.1 innings in the second game of the day. He allowed three runs on 10 hits, struck out three and walked two.
- Max Ludka tossed the next three innings, allowing one run. He walked and struck out two batters. He took the loss in the game.
- Andrew Tidwell pitched the last inning of the day, walking two.
Saginaw Valley faces Indianapolis again tomorrow in Greyhound Park at 3:00 p.m. to wrap up their 2016 spring trip.
@SVSUBaseball | #svsubsb
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---