Game 1: #13 Columbus State 7 - Saginaw Valley 3
Game 2: #13 Columbus State 10 - Saginaw Valley 3
Records: CS (14-4) | SV (3-3)
Location: Burger King Field - Columbus, Ga.
COLUMBUS, Ga. - The SVSU baseball team dropped a pair of games on the road to Columbus State on Saturday afternoon, falling by scores of 7-3 and 10-3 to the 13th-ranked Cougars.
SVSU got a pair of hits from Brendan Harrison in the opener, including a solo home run for the first run of the game in the top of the second inning. Carson Eby was 3-for-3 with a walk and two runs scored in the contest as well while Adam Fitzgibbon was 2-for-4.
Greg Kazmierski posted a pair of base hits for SV in the nightcap including an RBI single for both Kazmierski and Swiss in the top of the fifth inning. Swiss knocked-in Harrison and Kazmierski scored Swiss.
The other run came off a Richard Guglielmi solo shot in the SVSU half of the sixth inning, accounting for the third and final run for the visitors.
Inisde the Boxscore
- Guglielmi now has three home runs on the season. He had two for his career before this season, belting one each of the past two years.
- Swiss has recorded a hit in each of the first six games this season and has at least one RBI in each of those contests as well.
- Guglielmi and teammate Garrett Soule's three home runs rank second in the GLIAC.
- Swiss's 13 RBI this season rank him second in the league so far through the team's first six games.
On the Mound
- Michael Ellenbest (1-1) started the first game. He allowed six runs on six hits, walking one and posting six strikeouts in his 5.0 innings. His scoreless innings streak ends at 35.1 innings, dating back to the 2015 season.
- Jack Ferguson tossed the final 3.0 innings of game one, allowing a single run on four hits with a walk and strikeout.
- Bailey Magsig (0-1) got the start for SVSU in game two, working 3.0 innings and giving up four runs on as many hits, walking one and notching a strikeout.
- Jacob Hendricks followed with 2.0 innings of relief, giving up six runs on six hits with two walks and a pair of K's.
- Ravi Mahanti worked a scoreless bottom half of the sixth inning, allowing just a single hit.
The two teams meet up with another doubleheader on Sunday (Mar. 6). First pitch for game one is set for 1:00 p.m. at Columbus's Burger King Stadium.
@SVSUBaseball | #svsubsb
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---