SAGINAW VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT TAILGATING POLICY
2011 Tailgating Policy
Tailgating is a collegiate tradition at football games. The University encourages the opportunity for parents, students and guests to socialize in that setting and understands that alcohol is often a part of such an event.
Accordingly, the following guidelines will apply to the use of alcohol at any tailgating event. Please be advised that University Police are prepared to enforce applicable laws and University policies. Students should be aware that any violation of University policy will subject them to disciplinary action via the Code of Student Conduct.
- Tailgating is permitted to begin on University property three
hours prior to kickoff. All tailgating will end fifteen
minutes prior to kickoff.
- The use of alcohol is restricted to those individuals who are
21 years of age or older. University Police will enforce
State law and issue citations for Minors in Possession.
Individuals who furnish alcohol to minors will also be subject to
- No games of entertainment which use alcohol or implements which
encourage the excessive consumption of alcohol, for example, beer
pong and beer bongs will be permitted. As a reminder, kegs or
any common source of alcoholic beverage are not permitted.
- All alcoholic beverages must be in a can or plastic
container. No glass containers are permitted in tailgating
- No use of alcohol will be permitted while the football game is
- Any use of music via loudspeakers will not be permitted while
the football game is in progress
- Individuals or groups are expected to pick up and dispose of
any tailgating litter.
- Parking Lot C will be reserved for Student Tailgating. No student tailgating activities will be permitted outside of this area. Individuals who are not going to attend the game are to leave the parking lot.
Failure to comply with the above may result in referrals to the Student Conduct Program.
Please assist the University in providing a safe and enjoyable venue for tailgating.