UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Saginaw Valley State University Athletic Hall of Fame selection committee is soliciting nominations for the 2020 induction class, which will be honored the weekend of October 10 during the upcoming fall athletics season.
All nominations submitted will be forwarded to the Hall of Fame selection committee for discussion and consideration.
Criteria For Selection
- The nominee must be a four-year college graduate and have competed for two (2) academic years at Saginaw Valley State. The nominee must have been in good standing with the University at the time their career was over. The individual will be eligible for nomination after a minimum of five (5) years following the end of the nominee's collegiate athletic career.
- The nominee must have earned a minimum of two (2) letters in at least one (1) sport or one (1) letter in two (2) sports at Saginaw Valley State University.
- The nominee must have earned recognition for their collegiate athletic accolades while competing for Saginaw Valley State. For example: All-Conference, All-Region, All-American, Most Valuable Player.
Coach / Athletic Administrator
- The nominee must have served the University for a minimum of three (3) years.
- The nominee will be eligible one (1) year after leaving the University in good standing.
Athletic Department Contributor
- The nominee must have served a sport(s) program or the athletic department in an exceptional manner and need not be a graduate (alumni) of Saginaw Valley State.
- The nominee, if an employee, may be selected one (1) year after leaving the University in good standing.
- The team must have won a conference, conference tournament, regional or national championship. National tournament qualifying teams may be considered as well.
- The team would be eligible five (5) years following the championship year(s).
To submit a nomination for the SVSU Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2020 Click Here.
Nominations must be submitted by May 31, 2020 to be considered for the Class of 2020. This year's class will be formally inducted at the annual Cardinal Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet, which will take place on Saturday, October 10 at 5:30 p.m. at the SVSU Curtiss Banquet Halls.